Wednesday, August 17, 2011

no-machine homemade mars bar ice-cream

I have always wanted to make homemade ice-cream. It's been on my to-do list for a while, but without an ice-cream maker, I never thought I would be able to check it off my list so soon.

Thanks to Pinterest, I came across this recipe from a guest post on eighteen25 by Amanda of Kevin and Amanda.

The recipe is super simple:

Mix together a can of sweetened condensed milk, a few tablespoons of melted butter and your choice of mix-ins (I chose chopped mars bars).

Whip up a couple cups of whipping cream until it becomes whipped cream.

Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture and pour into a container to freeze for at least 6 hours. I left mine overnight. 

Scoop out desired amount and enjoy!

I would love to hear what mix-ins you used and how your ice-cream turns out if you decide to give the recipe a try. Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Was it as delicious as it looks? This would be perfect for a girls night! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sweet, but yummy! It would be fun to experiment with different flavours!

    ReplyDelete