Saturday, March 10, 2012

FO: Astrolabe Vest

Remember this? That crumpled garter fabric turned into this:

 The Astrolabe Vest by Cecily Glowick Macdonald from the Summer 2011 issue of Knitscene
I made it out of lovely Madelinetosh yarn in a colour-way called, "Cove". I'm looking forward to wearing this vest through the Spring and for years to come. It's also a nice knit to throw on at home during one of those too hot for a sweater, too cold for not days. This is my second article of clothing that I have knit (first here) and I am hooked! One day, I would love to tackle a full sweater. For now, I have a few accessory knits in the works and in my never-ending queue.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great vest!! looks so chic with the belt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! It's really fun to dress up simple knits with accessories!

      Delete